Wednesday, May 5

Week 22

Well, well, well. Here we are on the other side of the pregnancy hill. It is starting to really feel real now, with the realization that there are only 18 more weeks (give or take). Don't get me wrong, it has felt real for some time, but it REALLY is starting especially since we are getting so much done in the nursery. I know that this child will change our lives in ways we haven't yet to imagine and I am so excited for it! I see the sparkle in Derek's eye more and more everyday. Jackie even noticed on Monday night while we watched Derek play with Braeden. He is going to be a great father, I've known that for a long time though. Speaking of Braeden, Derek and I had the chance to babysit for a little while while his parent's went out for an anniversary dinner. Boy did he teach us what needs to be baby proofed! Good thing we have a little bit of time!

Derek was teaching him how to get comfortable on the AK Rocker and play MLB The Show!!

Sorry the post is a little late, but i started at the Rehab Hospital on Friday and all this week. This working stuff is for the birds! :) Actually, i am really enjoying it there and learning so much. I have just been so tired when I get home....I know, I know, i don't know what tired feels like yet!

I have been feeling good this past week. There is no mistaking my bump for anything else these days, and i am kinda enjoying that fact. Not enjoying the scale however, i know i am supposed to be gaining but getting awful close to a number i haven't seen before! yikes! I have for sure been feeling this child often during the day and when i lay down to go to bed. When I feel him move, my mind automatically tries to picture what it must look like in there and what direction he is moving. I just find that the miracle of pregnancy and birth are such an amazing thing that God has given to women. Okay enough of the deep stuff...

so i was feeling a little sassy after a six hour drive home!

Baby Boy Umnus is about the size of a box of sugar! Just like the box, baby boy weighs in at a little over one pound now and is about 8 inches long! I bet he is just as a sweet too! (sorry, couldn't resist). His grip and sense of touch is well formed now and may be holding onto the umbilical cord. His head hair is continuing to grow, but because there is no pigment it probably resembles Great Grandma Grace!

While i was partying away this weekend in Eau Claire, Derek and Grandpa Dave were working tirelessly to install new windows in the nursery and office. By the looks of things, they did a darn good job, even without the foreman on site ! :) But, I knew they would. Just a few more adjustments and cuts, then we can get the molding up...All parties involved think you can see more out of the window now and you can't hear outside noises as much with them closed!...take a look for yourself!

looking good boys!

"so i think we need to pull the green wire and not the red dad" ~Mia is always such a good supervisor

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I just love the picture of Braeden in the AK rocker. It actually looks like he's intently playing a game! :)