Thursday, June 10

Hello 3rd trimester!

*disclaimer* pictures not loaded yet, just use your imagination for the time being and check back later... Sincerely, the management.


Well Hello Month number 6! How are you? It seems like you snuck up on us and placed a small panic attack on us. Well, thankfully the panic attack is over and we are continuing to enjoy your sweet surprise each day.

Well here we are in week number 27. I have been feeling good, with some right lower side pain (in the area where my ovary was located about 27 weeks ago), so that is question number one on my list for Dr. Young on Monday. The right ovary was the one that still had some size to it back during the 20 week ultrasound. I must confess that i most likely freaked myself out by watching one of those baby shows and while completing a scheduled c-section the doctor found a rather large mass on the patients ovary that had been causing her pain...but i am choosing to only worry about that once a day. :) I have also noticed that my energy tanks don't take too long to deplete. I take a rest breaks during the day to compensate. One thing that has taken me this long to realize is that my hair growth is slowed considerably. I was surprised by this as all i had ever read was how fast and thick your hair grows...not this chica! That will make summer a little more bearable. :) Since i didn't take a "formal" 27 week picture, please enjoy this lovely couple from the weekend at a wedding as a substitute! (thanks for borrowing me the dress Rachel!)

Couple picture
Me and Al picture

I just thought this picture was hilarious. My uncle Al says to me "let's take a picture, i bet i can look more pregnant than you!" So i obliged and this is the result...to be fair he is not only sticking out his stomach, he is also arching his back! But funny none the less!

As noted above, we celebrated the marriage of my cousin Heather and her new husband Kyle on Saturday up in Chippewa. We had a great time and are so happy for the two of them! I didn't get to "jiggity with it" but was able to jump into a few dances.

Dancing picture

The projects are on a standstill this week as Derek needed a break. I guess someone has been working him to the bone (not sure who that would be :) ) and needed some much rewarded/deserved PlayStation/movie watching time!

Baby Umnus this week is over 2 pounds and about 14 inches. His current home (i.e. my uterus) is now roughly the size of a basketball. He has opened his eyes and should be able to start responding (i.e. kicking me harder) to stimuli. A side note of that...I really must make the cliche statement.."i swear we have a soccer player in there." Not sure how many of my organs are bruised yet, but they are all on there way.

Well that should be all for the week. We are headed up north again this weekend for another wedding bash! Seriously, 2 wedding's all summer and they are back to back out of town!

No comments: