Thursday, February 24

It's Doctor Week!

Mason had another appointment today to see the Doc. This boy has already seen the inside of a doctors office 18 times since he left the hospital at 2 days old! Maybe we can get him an honorary Medical Degree! This time we saw Dr. Shallue, our family doctor, for his 6 month well baby visit. The report was pretty much the same as Monday's. I do leave feeling a little underwhelmed and feeling like I forgot to discuss something because these visits are a drop in the pond compared to the length of the CF appointments. Plus a lot of our questions were answered at the CF clinic.

A couple things that came out of today: 1. The poor boy did a great job getting poked 4 times for vaccines. He got the scheduled 6 month set plus the flu shot. He cried more when he got blood taken on Friday than these things. He got the flu shot you ask? Well since he is finally 6 months old and it is still cold and flu season and he is considered "high risk" due to the CF he got one and will get one every single year. 2. he weighed in at 16.6 pounds...I about had a heart attack because this is a whole pound less then Monday. Dr. Shallue felt that the scale was different but also he was quite the squirmier trying to move the scale himself. So I am sure that had something to do with it! Speaking of squirmy little man..I was trying to pay attention to the conversation, but all I could think of was, "man I wish another person was here to keep him occupied and from rolling to the floor." Proof that Derek is a great "Mason Watcher" at the CF appointments! We go back in 3 months for his 9 month Well Baby visit.

On the way home we got a treat for being such a brave boy...okay maybe mommy got herself one for making it through the week.


When we got home Mason had a delivery! Lucky boy, he seems to get a lot of mail for an almost 6 month old!
Mason is not drinking these yet, but we get them free once a month (for one year only) from the company who makes his enzyme medication...Since the case is normally $45 and I know we will be using them in the near future why not? They don't expire for another 1.5 years

So what is the little guy up to these days?

First off, Mason has a new hair style! Granted it has only been a few days since we started it but we love it! People kept saying he had a faux-hawk so we gave him a real one. All the long strands are on the top so it works perfectly! He will thank us later...yes, he will. Everyone at the doctor's appointment today was commenting on how cute he and his hair looks...see he already has a way with the ladies!

His momma was born in the 80's!

Mason is talking up a storm. He usually is doing the screeching demanding thing, but the last few days we have started to hear this...



This is what I over heard in his room yesterday while he should have been taking a nap...cracks me up...he was making himself laugh!


Momma and I were having a laughing session.

Mason has really taken notice of Mia lately. He will stop whatever he is doing if he sees her on the move and just stares at her. To my amazement she has taken some "friendly" petting from Mason well. Of course, I am near by to intercept any "friendly" snapping back at Mason...which has not yet occurred. Mia has a way of making her way next to me whenever she feels the need for some love. She will come find Mason and I and snuggle in between. She also likes to come jump on my lap when I am rocking him to sleep in the nursery. I can't say I mind...I love the snuggles with my two babies.

Oh.."hi, Kitty." let me pull your fur!

He is getting better at sitting. He is up to 10 seconds unassisted. We have been working hard on that. There has been a few falls backward that mom hasn't been able to catch so we have had a few Mason tears in mastering this task. But he still prefers to stand over anything else. I think he is having a love affair with his jumper-roo...He LOVES that thing! And we like it too since it provides him with exercise and it helps knock loose that yucky mucus in his lungs! I see a trampoline in his future!

Hmmm, how do I get the balls out of there?


Everything is in his mouth and has been for awhile. One thing in particular that I enjoy watching is him with is his nuk. You can put it out in front of him, he will take a gander at it and promptly place it in his mouth. He will then take it out, study it, and put it back in the correct way. I don't give it to him all that often unless we are doing his CPT, going to sleep, after his prilosec (otherwise his fingers go in before he getting those medication beads swallowed), or if he is crying hysterically in a store and want to same some embarrassment.

he keeps it close if he needs it

I guess the ear is a good place to store it too...the kid is a genius!

He is a rolling rolling rolling little boy. He no longer likes to explore just the blanket we put him on...he would roll across the full length of the living room if we let him. He used to be a left side preferred guy but now he is an equal opportunity roller.

He tuckered himself right out! Mia has been a little protective as of late.

Sometimes I forget that these bars are not imaginary.

If those feet are not moving they are crossed...so darn cute and comfy!

We haven't mastered the crawling thing yet. Mason can get the front up and ready and the starting to get that butt up in the air, but we just can't quite get them up at the same time. It will come and then Derek and Sara will be off to buy a gate for the stairs!


After the appointment on Monday when we discovered he is almost 18 pounds we moved him into size 3 diapers. As a side note...We have been buying size 3 diapers for some time now when we get really good deals on them...So I counted them up last weekend and realized that if Mason uses an average of 7 diapers a day we have enough to keep him covered until July 28th! That's 1069 diapers people! Like I said we got some really good deals on diapers.

I wear size 3 diapers now!...really I do...

I've got my head in the books already!

He put the book there himself...really he did!


Mason got to hang out with almost all of the Dinner Club since everyone was feeling good to watch the Packers get the big "Superbowl Win"

Yes, I do believe that Mason has taken over the house!...and we wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: