Tuesday, January 26

8 weeks and counting

Well, today I am 8 weeks and 1 day. I have been feeling okay for the most part. I have been "enjoying" the nightly wake up calls to use the restroom and walk a few laps to calm my restless legs down. I have been feeling queasy in the morning and depending on the day it lasts all day. Only had the joy of dry heaving or actually having something come up a few times. I tend to take a snooze in the early afternoon. My clothes are feeling a bit tight for a few weeks now. I don't really wear jeans unless I am leaving the house and even then I have to unbutton them when sitting. However, I think at this point the tightness of my pants has more to do with my massive ovaries than with being pregnant. As for my cravings/aversions....well, I have not eaten Burger King in years and now I have been eating a steady stream of flame broiled hamburgers and Culver's Fries. Good thing those two are close together for Derek's sake! I love fruit, especially blackberries! I find myself waking in the middle of the night to eat a few from the fridge. Derek has been great in running to get something if the mood strikes but no weird cravings yet!

With all these symptoms, I do find myself complaining at times (I am not a good sick person!), but I shut them down right away. This is because I feel so grateful to be experiencing these symptoms that I have waited for so long for. I actually find myself feeling lucky. Then there are times I wish that I could have them all the time because I start to worry when the symptoms come and go.

As for the OHSS, I have been feeling better. I have spent the last two and half weeks on the couch re-watching the LOST tv series and making great strides! The pain in my left lower back is gone whice I hope means that my ovary is longer big enough to be pushing on my back! We go back on Friday to have another ultrasound to check on the baby and my ovaries. I am hoping that the ovaries have shrunk and the baby has grown.

As for the baby, the books I have been reading state he/she is the size of a large raspberry at about a half an inch. By this point the baby is now considered a fetus and has all the organs in which he/she will have when they are born. The baby has gone through three sets of kidneys up until now...that just blows my mind. The eyelid folds, retinas, and ears are forming. The body's trunk is getting longer and straightening out and the toes/fingers are present on the feet/hands.

No comments: