Sunday, January 31

what a rollercoaster of a first trimester!

I laughed when i realized how i posted i was doing well and was looking forward to my upcoming appointment. Not 45 min after that post i got up to use the restroom and felt that same sharp pain the lower left side as i did a few weeks earlier that landed me in the hospital.

on Jan 26th that sharp stabbing pain was back and there was nothing i could do to sooth it. I called the Doctors office and said i could take some of the remaining percocet i had from the hospital and keep my Friday appointment. That night was horrific. This pain was not like the last, much more intense. So after not sleeping well and basically having Derek carry me to the bathroom, the office called back. They said that i should head to the E.R. for an ultrasound just incase their may be a twisted ovary. It is still something very possable because my ovaries are SO LARGE. So, i had wanted to take a shower prior to going after my pain meds kicked in...well let's just say i had a quick wash cloth wash up and out the door we went to West Allis. We went there just incase they wanted to admit me because that is where Dr. Hayes i located. Let me tell you...that 13.7 mile ride to West Allis sure needs some major repair work or maybe my car just needs new shocks!

Once we arrived, they got us in right away and got some Morphine and Zofram running. I was having 10/10 pain and nauseous. I had not really eaten anything in the past two days and anything i tried to keep down came back up. SO they started me on a IV drip of fluids to jump start that. After 6 vials of blood, a horrific trans vaginal ultrasound (the pain was unbearable and she was a bit rough...even after just been given 2mg of morphine), and a manual examination, they decided that i was dehydrated my sodium was low and i have large ovaries! Well i guess i must say i wasn't surprised, but i just wanted the pain gone. They had informed us though that my ovaries were not at all twisted, just grown since my last ultrasound.

One really nice thing about the ultrasound was that i got to use abdominal ultrasound for the first time! So much nicer i must say! But we also got to see out little one on a growth spurt. He/She is really starting to look like a living creature! you could see the arm and ;eg buds and the forming head and rump. As then we actually SAW the heartbeat! it was 172bpm. A good strong heartbeat even for a mom who is using drugs! :)

When we saw Dr. Hayes on Friday, she skipped the ultrasound since i just had one. But took a bunch more blood. She said i was till pretty dehydrated and the most important thing is to push the fluids. So that has been Derek's number one priority! My sodium was low and my liver enzymes are elevated, so when the nurse called back she wants me to cut back on my pain meds as much as i can. They say these meds don't really affect the baby but there is still reservations. She also said that this should all start setting down by the 2nd trimester. So only a few more weeks to go! yeah!

No comments: