Thursday, February 11

10 Weeks and graduation!

Well, I think the posts from here on out are going be a bit more fun and upbeat. Derek and I went to see Dr. Hayes for another ultrasound and blood work to see how the baby and my ovaries were doing. I am happy to announce that the ovaries are on the retreat! After 8 weeks of attacking me with pain, I have almost none! YEA! Here is a belly picture taken today (10weeks and 3 days). I still am swollen from the ovaries and i don't think it looks much different from a few weeks ago. I suppose it's a good thing though! I was able to get into my biggest pair of jeans today but chose not to button them, because the pressure was too much when i sat down!

My blood work came back good. Everything continues to become more normalized. I lost another 2 pounds so that puts me at a weight loss of 6.5 pounds over the course of this month. Not surprising though due to everything that I have gone through. Dr. Hayes wasn't concerned, it's not like i am a super thin if you know what i mean! The baby is doing good. Dr. says everything looked really good and normal. The baby was very active today (not that I can feel him/her yet) but like Dr. Hayes said he/she was doing aerobics in there. It was the first time we could see movement and it just reinforces what a miracle this whole thing is! It was amazing to see this time because now he/she is really starting to look human and not just a blob. Heartbeat was good at 168bpm as well. I had asked if we would see any lingering effects on the baby due to all the narcotics i had been taking and she said that there should be none. That was such a relief to hear because the first trimester is such an important time period for development. Well here are some pictures of the little one. The last one is a little alien looking because it is just the butt and legs.


And for the word Graduation...well much to our surprise today, we graduated from the Fertility clinic! I knew it was coming but I had thought there would be one more ultrasound and meeting with Dr. Hayes. However, she had said that everything looked really good and since my ovaries are on the retreat that "It looks like you really don't need us anymore." So after i got finished getting dressed and head to the nurses station, we saw this...


It was such an awesome sight to see. It was confirmation of the one thing we wanted to accomplish when we walked through those Clinic doors back in July. I of course got all tearful because I knew it was time to say my "thank you's" and "good bye's". Dr. Hayes and a few of the nurses were standing there to see us out. We are just so appreciative to all that they have done for us and the patience they had with us. I had even said to Dr. Hayes "I know i haven't been the best patient" referring to all the troubles we have had since conception. We already agreed we will be sending them a big thank you with a picture of the little one when it happens. It was also a little strange to be walking out those clinic and hospital doors for the last time. It strangely has become so familiar and routine, really like an extended family. You get to know them so well and vice versa. I guess that happens when you are there every week sometimes more than that!

Now onto the next chapter. We are now just another pregnant couple. That feels a little scary and wonderful at the same time. I really had gotten used to the personal attention we had received at the Fertility Clinic. I have found a new OB. Like I had posted earlier, my regular doctor no longer does OB so I had to look elsewhere. We have decided on Dr. M.S. Young from the Womencare office in the Waukesha area. We really liked and took comfort in the fact that the clinic also performs infertility services. Not that I would fault any other straight OB, but with all we have been through with the infertility, especially the OHSS, I took comfort in the fact that she has experience with it as well. I have heard good things about Womencare and Dr. Hayes seemed to agree. So this means I will be delivering at Waukesha Memorial Hospital, nice and close to home just in case we need to make any more trips to the E.R.! Fingers crossed that that is behind us!

No comments: