Monday, February 15

The Secret's Out!

Today is officially 11 weeks and I have been feeling okay. Most of the pain I had with the ovaries really is gone. Gone enough that now I can enjoy the phenomenon called morning sickness. I really only had some light nausea previously but within the last week every morning like clockwork between the hours of 6am-7am i go running for porcelain goddess! Then throughout the day if a smell/thought/look of some food catches me in just the right way, bathroom here I come. Luckily, I have heard that at the 12 week mark this is supposed to let up. So, hopefully that is the case for me! I do get those occasional headaches at night as well, which I am hoping go away with the morning sickness! I know that I am not going to feel "normal" for the next 6 months, but i can't wait for the day that I can start feeling good. I can't remember the last time I felt "okay." However, as much as I dislike these "symptoms" I am so very grateful that I even am given the chance to experience them. It has been a long time waiting.As for Baby Umnus's progress...well all the books say now is the time for rapid growth. It amazes me that the baby will double in size within the next 3 weeks. Right now the baby is between 1.5in to 2.5in...about the size of a large lime.

Well, up until this point only a handful of people have known about our little secret. Tonight is the night when the Dinner Club ladies will be let in on our exciting news. We are all getting together for a ladies night at the Melting Pot. It is will so great to see them because it has been far too long since i have been cooped up in this house. I also sent out some emails to others instead of making a massive amount of phone calls. I can't wait and am happy yet still nervous to let the whole world in. Still nervous because there is still so much time until we meet the little one.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

In case you couldn't already tell, Jason & I are so happy for both of you! We know that you will make wonderful parents!

The Herbst's said...

We are sooooo excited to meet the new addition to the dinner club! You guys have been through so much to get here and it is so great to see your dreams coming true!

Anonymous said...

I am every happy foy the both of you.The greatest mircale in life is a baby! you guys will make great parents

emily

Anonymous said...

God has blessed you both with this precious gift. All will be fine and the venture ahead for both you will be a bag of little mirceals you could never imagen. You will soon forget the pains and discomforts of the pregency once you hold that little mircale in your arms!!!!! Trust me I know for a fact as you were a miracle to your dad and me as was Derek to his parents. Enjoy every discomfort knowing the end result.

Mom aka Grandma Pam