Thursday, July 29

Under the 40 day mark! ahhhhh!

As if the title of this post doesn't say it enough....aahhhhhhh! Starting to get a little anxious and nervous for the arrival of our little one. It still feels like there are so many thing to put into place...i might be busy this weekend...and so might Derek. :)

I had my 34 week appointment with the Doc yesterday and all is well. I only gained 2 pounds so i celebrated with a gigantic cookie from work and a smoothie from McDonald's (FYI there is 54g of sugar is a small one of those supposed "real fruit" smoothies). blood pressure is good at 110/60. Swelling has really been at a minimum since i have finally started drinking enough water throughout the day. Baby boy's heartbeat was in the 150's and his current crowded (because it feels that way to me) home is measuring in at one week ahead of schedule. So, I still think we are going to have an August baby. She again warned me that if I were to go into labor tomorrow she would not stop it. To which i nervously laughed out loud and said "i'm not ready". We discussed if he did come now he would most likely spend a few weeks in the NICU but only until he could regulate his temp, eat well enough, and a few other things. She asked about any contractions, but I told her that I really haven't noticed much in that department...it may be because I have been working and much busier these past two weeks. After having said that, i did have a nice one yesterday morning that I needed to sit down for because of the pain. She then said that i am "allowed" those but no need to call until i have more than 4 an hour.

Here I am at 33 weeks and then 34 weeks...

33 weeks

34 weeks

Baby boy this week should be weighing in at a hefty 5 1/2 pounds and measuring about 19 inches long. The Doc was able to tell me that his head is down (which might explain my need to pee so much more). His fingernails have reached the tips of his fingers now and his testicles should have descended into the scrotum this week as well. The vertex covering his body also continues to thicken this week. The Doc said that if he were to be born this week that no steroid injections would be given to me to streghten his lungs because he should be ready to breath on his own at this time. He continues to be VERY active. There are times when i am resting my arm/hand/ whatever on my stomach and it litterally is kicked off...

Other big news to report are the two wonderful baby showers that were thrown in our honor these past two weekends. I must first start out by saying a huge THANK YOU to everyone who was able to make it or send there love. Derek and I are so thankful for even having the opportunity to have a baby shower in our honor. We never were very sure if we were going to get the opportunity. So words can not express how i feel about everyone's excitement and joy over our coming little one. There is no doubt he will be one loved child.

Shower number one was held in Altoona and given by my mom. Here is a bunch of pics from the day...
The set up before everyone arrived

We played "Let's Make A Deal" and had a bunch of fun with it. Everyone had "won" prizes playing the other games prior to this. When we started this game they had to choose box number one or box number two, then make a deal with their previous winnings. I of course got the original prizes and they got what was behind box number or box number two...

Grandma was happy with her deal...something tells me that it never made it home! :)

Opening my "deals"

My long time friend Amanda who lives up in the Twin Cities

The majority of the ladies in my family that were able to make it

"Triple G" (a.k.a great grandma grace) and I finding it funny that the other two hoodlums in the picture are pointing at what appears to be a baby bump!

All the goodies that little baby Umnus "needs" to survive in this big ol' world...Thank you soooo much everyone for coming and celebrating this special occasion with us and for being so generous with your gifts!


Shower number two was held the following weekend and was given by Derek's mom and aunt. Here is a bunch of pics from that day as well...
Playing the bib guessing game..
.
Apparently pondering opening the gifts

A glowworm! Who doesn't love a glowworm!

Love my "Dinner Club" Ladies! Thanks for everything!

The two hostesses with mostesses for the day!

This is the man responsible for this whole thing....Love you honey!

Two of the cute clothing items we got...

All the goodies from the second shower that baby "needs"...Thanks again everyone for coming celebrating our little one's upcoming arrival!

Well, i think this post has gotten long enough. I am off to take a nap as I worked all last week and was called in to work everyday this week as well. By the looks of it, I might be bringing home some more dough next week too! So, I might not be getting as much rest before baby comes as i thought! But the money is nice! Until the next time!

No comments: