Thursday, August 12

36 week appointment

Here we are at 36 weeks! I look back and really truly wonder (as does every pregnant woman does i am sure) where the time has gone. We have wanted and waited so long for this little one to come into our lives and it is finally around the corner. It sorta doesn't feel real at the moment, until i look down at my watermelon or basketball of a belly.

I had the first of my weekly appointments on Monday. Everything looked good so far again. Blood pressure was at 110/60, weight went up a bit ( but remember all the rest from here on out is baby and water weight :) ) Baby's heartbeat was in the 140's and we are measuring in at 37 weeks (so one week ahead now). She tested me for Group B Strep this week and will get the results next Monday. Hopefully i don't have it but if i do (i guess it is fairly common and most women don't even know they have it) she will give me IV antibiotics during labor to help prevent it harming the baby upon birth. I also "enjoyed" my first of internal exams for the baby. Not so comfortable i might ad. As i anxiously awaited for her to tell me that i was at least 1cm dilated, she blurted out "well, you're closed up tight still." A funny statement from a doctor i thought.

I have been felling good for the most part. I have had a few stronger contractions where i have felt actual pain from them, so hopefully things are opening up! I must say sensations have been changing over the past week, so it must mean something is going on. I have been pretty tired for the most part in the evenings. I have been working full time the past three weeks and am on my feet for the most part of it. So, last week my feet started to swell up like sausages. Oh well, it won't last forever! I can say that this heat wave can move on out of here...i am loving the air conditioning but my nose it not!

Baby boy this week is almost grown into his baggy skin. He is roughly about 6pounds and 20 or so inches long. He should have a fully rounded face, partly due to his sucking muscles that he has been practicing up on.

We attended Breastfeeding class on Monday night and Derek was a trooper. We will have our birth and delivery class tomorrow night from 6:30-9pm and then all day on sat. So, we should be set by weekends end with information that we will most likely forget all about when the time comes! But at least we know what we are walking or in my case waddling into! Wish us luck!

No comments: