Monday, September 20

Doctor, Doctor, give me the news...

Mr. Mason has been a busy little guy this past few days. Starting off with today, he was lucky enough to visit Children's Hospital and then see Dr. Shallue! A very tired mother got a cute little guy ready this morning, to be at Children's by 9:45am. On a side note, I have come to the realization that I am still NOT a morning person.


Mason had his "Sweat Test" today. I must say he and his mom did fairly well considering he looked like we were electrocuting him and I had to help hold him down for it. The technician put some wet pads on his wrists and biceps, added these metal "clamps", hooked him up to the wires, and then turned on the electricity. She told me that his arms were going to feel like when our feet start to go to sleep with those pins/needles. He cried the whole time and I was able to keep my composure. I just felt like I was torturing him though and it looked like it! After the 5 min of that she took it all off, put on some wrapping with the special test paper, and I need to "make him sweat" Considering I didn't think this was going to be a problem since he is such a hot box I still bundled him up because I didn't want to have to subject him to this again. So he got all bundled up with a onsie, fleece sleeper, covered in a blanket with a hat, and I tried to feed him. Well, he drifted off to sleep way too fast for a feast so i got some good cuddle time in. After 3o minutes of that she came in and took off the rest of the material off his arms to see if they got enough sweat, which they thankfully did. Now we were to wait for the test results by the end of the day. I told the technician it would work our good as I got him in to see Dr. Shallue at 3:30pm for his eyes.

my poor boy all hooked up

it felt like a cruel experiment

the machines he was hooked up to for 5 min

the "electrodes" they put on his arms with wet pads

all done and tuckered out

his poor arms...

ready to get out of this place mom!

Oh yes, his eyes...they had gotten covered with what I call "eye boogers" Actually over the weekend, his right eye was almost so crusted over when he woke that he almost could not open it. Since then I have been basically clearing it off every couple of hours. After seeing Dr. Shallue, she confirms that it is not a blocked tear duct like we hoped but it is Pink Eye! So she sent home scripts for both Mason and myself (my eye was starting to look a little red as well). Poor little guy is now going to get eye drops 3 times a day.


Just few random pictures to enjoy!

Mommy lovin' on me



On Friday we took Mason to "Friday Night Live" in downtown Waukesha. They close off the streets and have live bands playing around the downtown area. The stores stay open longer and some places have samples and such. As you can tell from the pictures he was so excited that he just passed out! :)

enjoying some homemade ice cream at Sloppy Joe's in downtown Waukesha

jammin' out to the bands and hangin' in the street!

he insisted on going into the antique store...

On Saturday we had a leisurely day around the house trying to catch up on a little housework and sleep.
Daddy's Little Sport

I like to sleep a lot and when I do I make a lot of noises and stretch

I can open my eyes for a picture with mommy!

Mommy figured out she can "sit" me in the boppy...Daddy says I look like an old man here and that mommy should get me a walker.

On Sunday, Mason visited his Grandpa and Grandma Umnus's house in Union Grove for the first time. We celebrated his upcoming birthday on Tuesday. Mason enjoyed being loved on by them! We even got a three generation Packer fan picture. Mason also used Skype for the first time to talk to (or if you will..stare at the screen) the North Carolina Branch of the Umnus clan.

3 generations of Packer Fan's!

Gettin' loved on by Grandma and Grandpa

Can I hold your hand Grandpa? or can I try to eat it?

Precious

Grandma helping me to "talk" to North Carolina on Skype!

Really another picture, Mom!

No comments: