Wednesday, September 15

growing bigger day by day!

Well, I took my little man to see the Doctor today for his weight check up. I had one of my first "mommy" thoughts as we waited in the waiting room. As I stood there holding my precious crying/unhappy boy in the waiting room i thought to myself "how weird is this...I am a mom." It just feels so grown up. Up until now, it has kinda felt like we were "playing house" and we were going to have to give him back to his parents when they get back. But, I think we will keep him!

As I reported last post, he was little low on weight gain since birth. Well, he more than made up for it with this visit...He gained 14 ounces in one week (now at 7lbs 14oz)! Way to go Mason! So my fears that he is not getting enough to eat (he continues to spit up A LOT) are put to rest. We initially were only suppose to see the nurse but because I had questioned his belly button/umbilical cord stump area we got to see Dr. Shallue! Little mister's belly button has been bleeding a little and looking a little raw, but she said just to watch it for now. She also had the state blood test results back and was ironically about to call me when the nurse came to get her to look at Mason! The blood tests came back normal except the cystic fibrosis test. It was "abnormal" meaning that he is at least a "carrier" for the genetic disease. Well, It was easily cleared up because I explained the both Derek and I had to be tested for it during our infertility course and found that I am a carrier but Derek is not. So, what does this mean? Well, we have to set up an appointment at Children's Hospital to get a "sweat test" done for him to see if he is more than a carrier. There is a very very small chance that he would have it. Fingers still crossed that he doesn't!

Mason hanging out with the Molle's on his first visit outside the home

We got Mason his first Happy Meal! It's okay to laugh, Derek enjoyed it for him!

Just lounging around!

This is how Mia gets her cuddle time in these days...poor girl

One day while Mason's dirty laundry was getting washed, he decided to go through about 5 additional outfits...Here he is modeling his Spiderman onsie minus the bloomers that go with it because they were so big they would just fall off

Hanging out with the tigers and having mom change my diaper 3 times in 10 mins!

Our sweet sleeping boy!

In his going home from the hospital outfit...which is almost too small for him now!

What else have we been up to since we last posted....Well, Derek has gone back to work leaving Mason and Mom to spend a lot of cuddle time together. I find it hard to put the little guy down when he falls asleep, partially because my little furnace keeps me so warm, but i just love his smell/presence/cuteness/etc. Maybe this is why I am having a hard time sleeping when he sleeps! It is something i am trying to work on. We had waited so long for this little guy, I don't want to miss a thing. Some days, I just look at him in complete awe and wonder.

Well, until next time...a little guy is calling for dinner!

No comments: