Tuesday, March 30

17 Week and Baby Can Hear You Now!

Well, here we are again. Another week and another post. I have been feeling pretty good this week now that i am getting over that cold! I was telling Derek last night that i am a little surprised at how big my stomach has gotten. You see, i spend the majority of my time in my comfy pants and a sweatshirt, so when i get dressed to go out that is when i notice how different my clothes are fitting. I keep trying to squeeze into my two pairs of jeans that i CAN still squeeze into only trying to delay the inevitable. As for my shirts, well those are still fitting okay, but some are starting to get tighter. It is exciting to say the least. Here is a picture of where our little one is hiding out at 17 weeks...


Still not feeling of movement yet, but it's not for a lack of trying! I am anxiously awaiting that moment, but oddly weirded out by it as well. Now this doesn't sound very motherly, but i was telling Derek recently how weird it is to think that there is something growing inside of me that i will soon be able to feel. I just keep replaying those awful alien movies in my head and thinking "good lord, please don't pop out of my stomach and look like that!"..okay bad motherly rant over.

The baby has grown to about 5 inches this week, about the size of your open hand (well i guess this depends on the hand!). His/Her body fat is starting to form and soon i will start feeling the effects of my temporary built in furnace! I'm not sure if i am too excited for summer. The baby's eyes are in their final location, are making small movements side to side, and can even sense some light. (imagine flashlight pressed up against my stomach...now what would be the sense in that.) He/she is also practicing their swallowing and sucking movements. But, what i find most amazing about this week is that our little one can hear us now! This just blows my mind. The baby will also startle/respond to loud abrupt noises (think car horn, etc). I guess it is time to start singing in the shower! Only 9 more days until we can finally say He or She!!!

We have started getting things in order for the nursery. Most everything is moved out of the nursery except the couch (which reminds me...anyone wanna buy a fold out couch or a "beautiful" baseball ceiling fan? see pictures below) and the book case. We have the windows measured and will be ordered in a few days. But until we know boy or girl, we must wait to paint! I have the closet system designed and the furniture blueprint on the ground! Like i said..i'm a planner!



One other piece of info to share. I was hired to do some social work/discharge planning/case management at the Rehab Hospital of Wisconsin today. It is a per diem position that was left open to possibly become part time! It is a foot in the door! I was flattered by this because i had originally interviewed for the full time position back in January and was told i was a "close second". Then i got a call out of the blue last week about this position...they were not even posting it because i was the first person she thought of for it! I was a little hesitate today telling them that i was pregnant (i know legally it shouldn't matter..but...) But she was so excited for me and said that everything will work out great with the position. Derek's excited too! :)

Well, off to make supper for the hubby, like a good little house wife that i have become!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sara i am so happy about the job! i am so glad i told you about it back in january! :) Emily