Wednesday, December 15

at the right moment...

There are many times that we have asked "why" in Mason's short life so far. I am sure there will be plenty more. Why did we have to struggle to even get pregnant with our little miracle? Why, when all we asked for was a healthy baby, did our little baby get dealt a fatal, life shorting disease? Why is it such an involved and expensive disease? Why us? Why our family?

Don't get me wrong. We LOVE LOVE LOVE our little man to the world's end and would never trade him for anything. It is just hard sometimes to think of what is ahead in his precious life. I try not to look too far into the future and really just focus on the here and now. He is growing and developing more and more everyday into his own. We don't want to miss it.

But, the reality is that I need information about CF, I crave it, to prepare myself for anything. I feel more confidant in the knowing...knowing where we could be at this point but thankfully are not. It sounds awful to say out loud, but I do see other CF children who are the same age as Mason who have it worse...like a couple stays in the hospital already worse...and I feel blessed we haven't had to endure that yet. I pray that in time, I can look into the future with confidence for Mason's sake. It will happen. It has to happen. He will learn the confidence to be strong and battle this disease from us. Luckily, we have a little time to build our true confidence before he realizes we are just faking it right now.

Now, most people know I am not an overly religious person, but I believe in the Man upstairs and his awesome powers. I believe that he "gives" us what he feels we can handle even when we doubt ourselves. I believe that he has his reasons for which we will not know until he welcomes us into his kingdom. I believe he loves us all despite our shortcomings. And I believe he puts messages out there at just the moment we need a reminder that we CAN DO THIS.

I stumbled across this blog and she had posted how her son (who has CF) was in the hospital and got this message from a fellow CF parent at just the right moment....

"As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned", said Jesus, "but THIS HAPPENED SO THAT THE WORK OF GOD MIGHT BE DISPLAYED IN HIS LIFE".

John 9:1-3
I will leave you with that.
Off to play with our little man and enjoy those new found giggles he is sharing!

No comments: